Graphic Design Intern
Graphic Design Intern
Are you interested in getting the education you won’t get in a classroom? Would you like to design in "real time" with real meeting and real deadlines? Do you want a real-life career scenario with the freedom to contribute, learn, make mistakes, refine, and question?
Namaste Laboratories, located in the West Loop, is currently seeking a highly motivated, graphic design intern in a unique cross-disciplinary environment focused on brand marketing, packaging and digital. Candidate must be self-driven abilities; highly motivated; and possess strong, detailed skills in developing creative ideas and working in a fast-paced environment. You’ll never be bored and no two days are the same!
- Work closely with the Creative Manager and small marketing team to execute ideas and aid in a variety of design projects.
- Update and edit marketing materials that include but are not limited to brand support POP, event materials, signage, and promotional items.
- Create presentation mock-ups and renderings
- Assist with providing photography and content creation for various marketing assignments.
- Provide assistance with projects that require research and attention to detail.
- Improve and create graphics for a variety of platforms (online/web, social, print, etc)
- Assist with proofreading marketing collateral for spelling errors and accuracy.
- Learn you the fundamentals of print production (creating print specifications, marking up files, releasing jobs, reviewing proofs and attending press checks).
Apply If You...
- Have a degree in Graphic Design or working towards a degree in Graphic Design
- Can demonstrate a clear “point-of-view” relating to your design...and you can articulate it.
- Have the ability to work well in very team-oriented culture, with the drive to fly solo when necessary
- Know Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) inside and out
- Are proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Are a master on a MAC platform
- Understand how to incorporate and integrate design elements into a larger idea
- Are always being asked to design something for your friends/family/strangers ‘cause you’re so good at it and yet you are still super humble about it ‘cause you’re so cool and you just want to keep pushing your craft ‘cause that’s what it’s all about: the craft
Desired Qualifications, but not required:
Product photography and Photoshop editing for social and digital
Application details: Please submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and availability to email address here and include why we should hire you and why you're the ideal intern. Submissions without a portfolio, cover letter, and resume will be rejected
Job Type: This an Hourly/Paid internship position that includes a flexible 30 hours/week for a TBD duration.
Experience: Design: 2-3 years (Preferred)