Digital Analytics and Insights Graduate Internship
Golin is seeking a Digital Analytics & Insights Intern to join our Dallas office. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who loves to solve problems, make strategic recommendations, and consult on digital campaigns to join Golin and have an immediate impact.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earn-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
Analytics is embedded in every client team, conducting research that impacts campaign planning, tracking events in real time, providing ideas around creative insights (what makes a picture or copy work), and guidance on how to configure budget for paid campaigns. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be analytically curious, and have a passion for understanding what makes a brand and its audience tick on digital channels. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who loves to solve problems, make strategic recommendations, and consult on digital campaigns to join Golin and have an immediate impact. Don’t have the technical skills? We can teach you. This role isn’t about knowing the back end setup of Facebook or having your Google Analytics Certification (though it’s awesome if you do!). It’s about connecting the dots between something you saw in Twitter Analytics, a social listening finding from Instagram, and a trend from your favorite brand on social - and applying this to a strategic recommendation for Golin clients. From there, you have to sell it. In a lot of ways, the internal Golin team is both your ally and your client. You have to make them believe in the recommendations that you are making. This can take the form of a quick, but well-informed email, a meeting in the hallway, or a formal presentation deck with cool visualizations which help you tell your story. That’s why our ideal candidate not only has an interest in how social media campaigns tick, but at the core, is a great marketer and communicator.
Our paid, full-time internship runs from July through December and is designed to give you the authentic experience of working in an agency. Leave your practice work in the classroom. Around here, we put the theory into action. You’ll work to complete real assignments and collaborate with our award-winning account teams who rep international (ahem, resume boosting) brands, while getting a taste of our unique G4 model and scoring some real-world experience.
What are you waiting for? Our internship begins Monday, July 1, 2019 and concludes Friday, December 20, 2019. Check out the requirements below and apply today.
As a Digital Analytics and Insights Intern, you will:
Each day will be dynamic and full of strategic decisions, constantly changing priorities and creative discovery. You will be accountable to:
- Serve as a creative, analytical mind on the team to provide strategic recommendations for developing and improving digital and social media campaigns
- Uncover insights using a range of digital analytics techniques, such as social listening, to help support business objectives, advance storytelling, and drive engagement
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to quickly learn social/ digital strategy, analytics, and tools
- Understand social channels and identify emerging opportunities for a diverse client set
To qualify, you must possess 50% of this list:
- Coursework in some form of marketing analysis, journalism, PR, mathematics, statistics and/or social science is preferred
- Basic understanding of principles of communications and digital marketing
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time-management
- Experience working with or interest in data visualization tools and creative ways to display information
- Keen eye for data trends and the ability to investigate and articulate factors that may account for these trends
- Show enthusiasm, passion and curiosity about digital and social analytics
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Know how to prioritize and be adaptive to change
- Be highly motivated and eager to learn
- You must be a college graduate and have your Bachelor's Degree by July 2019.
- You must be available to work a full-time schedule, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5:30PM starting on July 1st.
- You must be available to attend an in-person interview at our Dallas office on April 18th from 4:30-7:30pm.
To be considered, your application must include:
- Your resume and responses to four short essay questions (listed below), all combined into a single PDF document
- Saved as: “Last Name, First Name.pdf”
- Submitted directly to our careers page posting by March 24, 2019
Answer ALL of the following in no more than 200 words per question:
- What’s your favorite brand? Why? What makes it compelling?
- What’s something brave you’d like to see a brand do? Why? Is there a topic of challenge you feel a specific brand could/should address?
- Tell us about a time you’ve gone all in. Outside of showing up on time and giving us your best effort, how would you do that at Golin?
- Life at Golin takes all types of characters, so tell us, which emoji best captures who you are and why you’d fit in at Golin?
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship statu