Editorial Summer Intern, T Brand Studio
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please apply sooner rather than later. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 5 at 3 p.m.
Do NOT apply through Handshake. Please apply through the external link provided.
Who we are
Every day, journalists at the New York Times report more than 200 stories from dozens of countries around the world on topics ranging from major international events to the best way to roast a chicken. Those stories are read, listened to and watched by millions of users across our web and mobile products.
T Brand Studio is a fast-growing team of energetic writers/editors, videographers, designers and developers creating branded content for The New York Times’s advertisers. Our work takes many forms — reported articles, photo essays, documentary videos, animations and more — and ranges from unbranded reportage to branded stories focusing on our partners’ products, services or people. Our clients cover the gamut of the New York Times’s advertisers.
T Brand Studio is looking for an Editorial Assistant to serve in a supporting role, working in concert with Editorial leads as they perform a range of tasks including: Conducting pre-sale research, concepting and ideation; presenting to clients and leading client meetings; brainstorming, reporting, writing and editing branded content; as well as developing and managing our editorial network.
Who should apply
We are seeking candidates who have:
- Experience in digital media workflows and technology
- Other skills, including copy editing; office applications (Word, Excel, Google Apps for Work); editorial workflow systems
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- An interest in the constant evolution of advertising
- Are avid consumers of all types of media
- Thick skin, a great sense of humor and an appetite for unexpected opportunities
- A deep desire to learn and develop, as well as a passion for The New York Times brand
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the creation of high-quality branded content in collaboration with other editors, writers, video producers, content strategists, producers, developers, salespeople and other team members
- Providing research and outreach to help in the creation of stories, narratives, explainers, quizzes, video documentary concepts and/or data visualizations
- Working within a variety of Content Management Systems to execute a range of New York Times’ Ad Products
- Working with editors and strategists to develop creative and on-brand story concepts for potential advertisers
- Working with editors to produce audience development for programs across all distribution platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pocket, etc.)
- Assisting with management of clerical and administrative responsibilities
- Able to articulate abstract ideas clearly