Writers House Intern Program, Summer '19
Program Objectives: By the end of the Writers House Intern Program the interns:
- Will have developed sound criteria for evaluating query letters, partial manuscripts, and full manuscripts.
- Will have advanced their ability to generate rejection letters, reader’s reports, editorial letters, and pitch letters.
- Will have gained new administrative skills that pertain specifically to publishing including Literary Expert, comparing contracts, and reviewing and processing royalty statements.
- Will have advanced their cover letter and resume writing skills.
- Will have advanced their job interviewing skills.
Methodology: The Writers House Intern Program arrives at its goals through a series of ongoing programs; specifically, weekly Intern Meetings, weekly Tutorials, Evening Seminars and One-on-One Sessions.