Post-Production Summer Intern
Weigel Broadcasting Co.
Summer Post-Production Intern
About Weigel Productions:
Weigel Productions creates original programming and content for Weigels television and digital outlets. Grown out of the long-form productions including Through the Decades, Decades Presents 1968 and Eye on the World: The Rise of Walter Cronkite and the CBS Evening News the Weigel Productions team consists of producers, writers, editors, directors of photography, graphic artists, and researchers.
General Job Description:
From the first day, interns are given real-world, hands-on responsibilities. Working alongside a dynamic post-production staff, interns do substantial work in the world of busy, fluid daily production. Interns are treated as professionals and given in-depth learning opportunities for those who want to see what producing daily television really means.
This internship will support the program and post-production staff.
Intern duties will rotate between video editing and art departments to help organize, assist and create original material. Interns report to heads of each department respectively.
The intern will work up to 20 hours per week.
All interns are paid.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. does not subsidize housing.
- Organize Graphic and Edit Projects
- Coordinate between editors, writers, graphics team and producers
- Complete short video edits for Weigel Productions and studio production
- Research and prep video and graphic assets within the in-house archive and utilizing third-party archives
- Deliver finished projects, images and motion graphics by established deadlines.
- Masking/Rotoscoping in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects to isolate subjects in photos/video
- Creating motion graphics with pre-made templates in After Effects
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Passion for visual storytelling
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Knowledge of Premiere and basic editing fundamentals
- Knowledge of basic animation fundamentals
- Understanding of motion graphics techniques using Adobe After Effects CC
If you have what we are looking for, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within the cover letter please answer the following questions:
Why do you want an internship at Weigel Broadcasting?
What are your career aspirations?
What are your expectations for an internship?
Our Perks & Benefits:
Discounted Parking Access
Gym Membership Discount
Convenient access to highways and public transportation
Open air office environment
One block from the aptly named Restaurant Row
Weigel Broadcasting Co. maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for all applicants and employees. We give fair consideration to all qualified persons and afford all our employees opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex, or other protected categories. No opportunities for promotion, transfer or any other benefit of employment will be diminished through discriminatory practices. Employees or prospective employees have the right to notify an appropriate local, state or Federal agency if they believe they have been discriminated against.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/spb72z7hrt62x64m