Street Outreach Specialist/Family Partner, CEDARS Street Outreach/Bridges Program
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
THE CEDARS STREET OUTREACH/BRIDGES TEAM:
- Provides non-judgmental street and center-based assistance to at-risk and homeless youth ages 13- 21
- Supports youth in increasing their financial stability, improving their wellness, and reaching greater self-determination
- Works closely with community stakeholders and other resources to bridge service gaps and meet the needs of the program participants
- Case manages six youth in the Bridge traditional living program that are state involved age 17-19
- Works closely with team members including but not limited to case workers from the Department of Health and Human Services and Probation Officers from the Juvenile Probation Office to support clients as they gain independent living skills
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Provide assistance to Street Outreach participants
- Ensure all documentation and tracking of services is completed and up to date per grant requirements
- Develop and maintain enduring relationships with assigned youth ages 13-21
- Complete assessments at program entry
- Coordinate care and advocate for youth’s needs
- Guide program participants through the process of application, qualification, and re-determination for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, and other services as needed
SCHEDULE:Varies based on the needs of the program, but typical schedule would be Tues-Sat 9a-6p AND Sat from 930a-130p
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, human services or a closely related field
- You have at least 2 years of experience working at-risk or homeless youth
- You are an innovator who is eager to take on new challenges and create connections.
- You are a go-getter who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help program participants move in and set up apartments
- You have knowledge or HMIS, HUD, SOAR and State Economic Benefits
- You have access to a reliable vehicle for use
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!