Library Circulation Assistant (Starts Fall Semester 2019)
Position is for a Library Circulation Student Employee.
Job hours vary depending on class schedule and other prior college-related commitments.
Students will not be assigned more than 20 hours per week during the semester. Most students regularly work between 9 - 12 hours a week. More hours may be worked by taking weekend shifts and substituting for other student workers. Hourly pay rate is $7.60 and increases to $7.75 after probation. Work-study is preferred but not required.
- Must be a current LCSC student.
- Must be able to work 8 – 15 hours/week.
- Must be able to work at least 4 weekend shifts per semester.
- Must be able to substitute for other workers at least once in the semester.
Circulation student employees provide direct customer service from the library's main desk area. At least fifty percent of the job involves understanding the needs of, and communicating at length with, the students, faculty, and staff of LCSC, as well as a number of public patrons. Library circulation student employees also help maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the library by performing light custodial and organizational duties.
Circulation student employees are responsible for the following: checking in and out library materials, operating a cash register, shelving library materials, answering the circulation desk telephone and referring calls, maintaining a welcoming library atmosphere by providing quality customer service, working independently with the library circulation system, performing light custodial and organization tasks, and various other assigned duties.
Desired Qualities & Skills:
- Responsibility and reliability*
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to provide quality customer service to library patrons
- Computer experience
- Telephone experience
- Numerical and alphabetical organization skills
- Time management
*We rely on circulation student employees to help maintain the functionality of the library. Student employees are responsible for remembering their assigned shifts and arriving to work on-time.