Student Intern (Merchandising/Marketing) - Doerflers' Harley-Davidson (Summer 2019)
This internship is offered through the FHSU/Dane G. Hansen Internship Program.
Doerflers' Harley-Davidson is seeking a student intern for Summer 2019. The student will work approximately 240 total hours for the internship. Doerflers' Harley-Davidson and the student together will arrange a full-time or part-time work schedule. The start and end dates listed in this post are flexible.
The student intern will work at the employer’s place of business but will be paid through Fort Hays State University.
Internship title: General Merchandise Associate & Assistant Marketing Coordinator
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the development and implementation of the dealership’s marketing, advertising, and public relations activities.
· Organize events for the dealership, such as fashion shows, open houses, motorcycle rides, and charity events; also organize HOG chapter activities.
· Attend webinar training sessions to keep current with National marketing campaigns.
· Direct and coordinate production of advertising and promotional spot announcements, press releases, and direct mailings to customers.
· Create, review and/or oversee television and radio spots, newspaper, magazine advertising, website, and other promotional publications.
- Provide excellent customer service to all of the dealership’s customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers.
- Assist customers with their selection of merchandise and offer additional product that compliments the purchase.
- Accept cash & credit card payments for merchandise purchases. Keep cash register accurate.
- Notify customers when special orders or back-ordered items are received.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service.
- Professionally promote the dealership’s products and services to attract new customers and/or target markets.
- Provide current marketing on the dealership website and online store.
- Responsible for marketing and updating CONNECT software in timely manner.
Retail Sales of General Merchandise
· Provide prompt and accurate service at cash register.
· Assist General Merchandise Manager with attaining retail sales plans in General Merchandise.
· Receive and process merchandise from distributors, check merchandise received against purchase invoice, log merchandise into inventory, and prepare product for showroom floor.
· Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.)
· Assist with set-up, organization, and staging of special events such as open houses, other HOG activities, fashion shows, etc.
· Create well-organized presentations, which appeal to our customers.
· Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, dust free, and appealing to customers.
· Continuously maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and displays.
· Maintain update customer mailing lists.
· Attend training sessions to keep current with merchandising & inventory control issues.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work with broad customer base.
· Experience in merchandising and retail sales preferred but not required.
· Experience with point-of-sale & computerized inventory systems helpful.