Data Integration Specialist
A vacancy exists for a Data Integration Specialist within the Office of Technology Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. The Data Integration Specialist will plan, design and develop organization and client data integration services. Test and deploy applications using technologies as described below. Must be proficient in database administration/integration and able to take on new challenges involving emerging technologies. Apply HERE
A. Bachelor's degree required, preferred concentrations in computer science, information technology, data science, mathematics, or related field, or commensurate professional experience
B. Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience developing web applications in Office365, Windows, SharePoint, IIS, SQL Server, .Net environment
C. Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in data integration, SSO, and developing APIs between applications
D. Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience writing scripts for task automation, such as through PowerShell
E. Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience with relational database management systems, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Microsoft Access
G. Professional experience with business intelligence applications and/or data analytics/visualization software, including Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Visio, or Cognos
H. Preferred experience developing PowerSchool SIS (or other Oracle database) or FileMaker Pro
I.Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
J. Ability to follow through to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision, ability to schedule time to meet deadlines to work independently, and ability to make work-related decisions
K. Ability to work as a member of a team; courteous and able to deal effectively with staff, students, and public; and cooperative, congenial, and service-oriented
L. Ability to handle highly confidential and critical data
M. Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop/utilize web applications and integrations in an Office365, Windows, SharePoint, IIS, SQL Server, .Net environment.
2. Create and maintain data integration between various relational databases, including PowerSchool and FileMaker Pro, either by developing APIs or through a SQL Server / MySQL environment.
3. Setup and maintain single sign-on (SSO) connections between multiple applications and linking client credentials through LDAP server.
4. Construct complex data queries from PowerSchool SIS, including PowerQueries, Enterprise Reports, and other SQL-based reports.
5. Create custom web-based forms and dynamic reports within PowerSchool SIS.
6. Develop interactive data dashboards for internal and external clients.
7. Lead and manage daily activities of data integration projects to keep initiatives on track, on time, and on budget.
8. Identify new service opportunities and learn new technologies relevant for development
9. Document procedures for all projects and manage bug reporting from internal and external clients.
10. Project a positive image of the IU and its programs and services through a positive customer-service oriented attitude.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by Program Administrator and/or Director of Technology.
Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm, 260-262 days
$65,800 - $81,600 (pro-rated)
To apply for this position please visit: