Amazon Operations: Area Manager Intern - Student Veteran 2019
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
This role is a 10 week paid internship starting in the summer of 2019.
Amazon is looking for college students with high-potential who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager Intern. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth. If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager Intern—opportunities nationwide!
As an Area Manager Intern, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates in a distribution warehouse environment. Your main focus will be motivating, mentoring and coaching your team. As a servant leader, the Area Manager will ensure that their team of Amazon Associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift. Engaging with your team during a shift to ensure that the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained are core functions of the role. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
This job is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
· Working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019-June 2020
· Ability work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
· Ability to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
· The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment
· Must be willing to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
· Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2019
· Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
· An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
· Lead, manage, and develop a team of 50 to 200 Amazon Associates
· Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project
· Communicate policies to Associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
· Create, manage and support recognition and communication programs
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation)
· Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Walking in/ around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
· Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
· A driver’s license is strongly recommended due to the remote nature of many internship locations
· Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
· Working towards a degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, General Management, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or a related field
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
· Adept at analytical work and the ability to motivate others in a deadline-driven environment
· The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
· Basic understanding of Lean and Six Sigma
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Woman / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation