Quality Control Compliance Specialist
Do you have education or experience in engineering and quality control?
Quality Control Compliance Specialist – Civil Engineering Specialist 1
Highway Division – Region 3
We are excited to announce our opening for a quality control compliance specialist position in Region 3. In this role, you will provide leadership to the Quality Assurance Program for all projects assigned to the field construction office. You will coordinate ODOT and contractor personnel to verify quality of all materials used on a project and compliance with program requirements.
Region 3 is responsible for project development, construction improvements, maintenance and operations for the state's transportation systems in southwest Oregon.
What's in it for you?
- We value work/life balance at ODOT. With 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, and competitive benefits packages – our time out of the office is just as important as time spent in the office.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, surveying, or transportation-related engineering and one year civil engineering or surveying experience.
- An associate's degree in engineering technology or surveying from a recognized community college or technical school of engineering and two and one-half years of engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must show independent work or senior team work.
- Four years of para-professional engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must show independent work or senior team work.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Knowledge and skills in materials testing, quality control and compliance, and construction project inspection.
- Experience in applying mathematics on construction projects.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and applying technical manual specifications, contract plans and other guides.
- Certifications in CAT II, CCT and CMDT are desirable.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment is open until filled, but we may not consider applications received after our initial screening at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, January 15.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call Wesley Dawn in recruitment or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.