Master's Student Advisory Board Member
Graduate School Professional and Career Development Master’s Student Advisory Board (MSAB) gives master’s students an effective way to communicate with Professional and Career Development in the Graduate School and assists in providing the very best resources and support to master’s students at Syracuse University. Advisory board members will be asked to provide feedback and ideas regarding past and future programming and initiatives.
The Master’s Student Advisory Board works closely with the Graduate School Professional and Career Development throughout each semester to provide student feedback and to recommend courses of action to improve the student professional and career development experience.
- Provide feedback and ideas on student-focused programming and initiatives
- Ensure all master’s student professional and career interests are well represented through active communication
- Identify, take action, and follow up on all student ideas and concerns efficiently
- Empower students to advocate on their behalf to ensure that their needs are met
To apply to be a member of the MSAB, please upload the answers to the following questions by September 12, 2019 at 4:59 p.m. in a PDF document. This is an unpaid opportunity and open to ALL master's students from all disciplines.
1) What are you studying? When will you be graduating?
2) What experience do you have with Graduate School Professional and Career Development?
3) What are some of the main initiatives or ideas that you would bring to this group?
4) Why should we select you to be an advisory board member?
Selected members will be notified via email by Monday, September 16, via email. Advisory Board members must be able to attend two meetings per semester (to be held on Fridays from 10a-12p).
Please email Tracy Tillapaugh if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.