Social Media Intern
HD Production interns earn a writing credit on the TV shows, California Life, RC Spotlight & Healthy RC Living and a few talented interns have even Reported on-air!
Named "Top 50 California Youtube Channels" - California Life is a syndicated newsmagazine program airing across 200 TV stations Nationwide including FOX, NBC, CBS & ABC www.californialifehd.com
Interns at HD Productions do much more than just open mail. They will have the opportunity to write news stories, produce in the field, run teleprompter, update website, social media, log video, assist with production, guest relations, graphics, and studio cameras. This is a great opportunity for students looking to gain hands-on experience in broadcast journalism and operations.
Interns learn many positions on our news team:
- Write descriptions for the segments on Youtube
- Create Blogs in Wordpress for Viral Campaign – Facebook, Twitter, Etc.
Show Prep / Studio Taping
- Assist crew with Teleprompter & Proof entire Scripts
- Assist with Guest Relations
- Stand-in for Lighting, Camera
- Assist with Set – Mic Guests, countdown, etc
Writing / Producing
- Write Stingers/Teases/Reader & Best stories throughout the State
- Update Various On-set Interviews & Spotlight Stories
- Assist Reporters on Location
All applicants must be current college students. The ideal candidate is a mass communications, journalism, or broadcast operations major.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Heather Dawson: email@example.com
- I just wanted to let you know that I received an offer for the position at Forbes and accepted it! They seem very impressed with my social media experience at California Life, thank you so much for your help!
- Baylee Mozjesik Assistant Social Media Editor | Forbes