Teacher: School Age Child Care ($200 Signing Bonus)
Who are we?
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living and foster social responsibility.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. We work side-by-side with our neighbors throughout King and south Snohomish counties to help kids and families thrive – and apply their positive behaviors and goals at home, school, the workplace and beyond.
- 13 branches
- 2 overnight camps
- 10 swimming pools
- More than 200 program sites
Every day hundreds of children stay before and after school in fun and engaging YMCA programs. Be part of an amazing team of staff who provide enrichment & recreation activities, teach teamwork and social skills, and support children as they grow and learn. You will help provide a safe place after school, that is an exciting, with fun filled activities that allow children to reach their fullest potential.
If hired, you will receive a $200 signing bonus (less applicable payroll taxes) after 90 days of employment.
Where you’ll work…
You’ll be based out of one off the 13 branches in our welcoming membership facility that offers programs ranging from health and wellness, to family programs, to child care, to aquatics (access is a staff benefit - swim a few laps before work, take a yoga class, do some laps on the track before you go home, if you like!). The majority of programs for this role are in Seattle Public Schools building. Programs use classrooms, child care rooms, gyms and outdoor spaces. These roles are located either at West Seattle YMCA - Arbor Heights Elementary, Concord Elementary, Fairmount Park Elementary, Louisa Boren STEM K-8, West Seattle Elementary.
You should have:
- 1-2 years’ experience with children; camps, child care, tutoring, nanny
- Ability to model and demonstrate Y values; caring, respect, responsibility and honesty
- Experience planning and implementing group activities
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y and the Child Care Team if you:
- Thrive in a youth centered environment where all children feel that they belong
- Are adaptable & flexible, and like that every day is a little different
- Are excited to see youth growth and thrive
- Truly enjoy being of service to others
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all