Social Media Coordinator
A Think-Tank and Network Dedicated to the Intersection of Law and International Affairs: The Foundation for Law and International Affairs (FLIA) is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization incorporated in Washington, D.C. in 2015. FLIA is an educational, academic, and consultative think tank, as well as a professional network for law and international affairs. FLIA is mandated to promote the international communication, education, and cooperation at the intersection of law and international affairs. Our core vision is to empower professionals, especially young professionals in the field to achieve self fulfillment and contribute to globalization and localization toward a more diverse, intelligent, and peaceful world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- As assigned by Director of Public Relations, assist with the implementation of program plans;
- Engage in social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
a) Listen and respond to followers while cultivating leads and subscriptions;
b) Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions;
c) Develop and expand subscriber and/or influencer outreach efforts;
d) Monitor online reviews and collect feedback;
e) Manage efforts to build online views and reputation;
- Conduct livestreaming during events;
- Communicate with other team members and ensure that all work reaches goals within established timetables.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree required, major in journalism, communication, advertising or other relevant field preferred;
- Social media experience in at least one of the following platforms required: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn;
- Familiarity with major social media management tools;
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format;
- Ability to use social media outlets for promotion and public interaction;
- Video editing skills a plus;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Must have attention to detail;
- Working proficiency in English required;
- Bilingual in Mandarin is a plus.
FLIA internships are part-time, voluntary positions. The internship program requires a minimum commitment of three months. The average time commitment will be 20 hours per week.
Deadline to apply
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified.
If you are seeking to start a professional path in the area of law and international affairs, obtain more practical knowledge and experience, and tap into your potential by working on recently launched programs, an internship at FLIA could be the right fit for you.
What you can gain from FLIA is the opportunity to work with passionate young colleagues and world-class professionals from all over the globe, find inspiration from our culture to become experts and mentors, and make connections that you cannot make anywhere else. FLIA offers certain training sections to develop your knowledge and skills. There will be potential opportunities for official positions in FLIA and recommendations for graduate programs, internships, research assistantships, and other job opportunities.
We welcome applications from international students who are on OPT.
Contact UsIf you can contribute your time, knowledge, leadership, and thoughtfulness to the above-mentioned projects and are interested in exploring this opportunity, Bolster your resume by working with scholars and practitioners from all over the world!