Summer and Fall Fundraiser Intern
Grow your direct leadership, marketing, fundraising, event planning, advocacy and community outreach skills! This internship will benefit you if you are looking to work in the nonprofit world, any form of advocacy, community outreach or politics. Start growing these skills by supporting our nonprofit, Waldorf inspired Preschool! Our Preschool will be starting its 9th year this Fall and our Nursery program will be starting its 5th. Come, help us propel into the future!
Primary focus is our Winter Silent Auction
Work with the Auction Committee to grow a wish list of potential sources of donations
Solicit and obtain donations
Pick up and organize donations
Write descriptions on and create bid sheets
Keep all documents updated for to the Committee Chair’s review, detailing progress on targeted items
Maintain Business Donors log and write Thank you notes after auction
Attend Auction Committee meetings
Attend the event in December
Participate in a reflection meeting post event
Secondary focus is on other, smaller fundraisers
Help grow our list of possible, future fundraisers
As able, set up future fundraisers
As able, implement and host fundraisers over the Summer and Fall
Small fundraisers we have in the works now are: 1) Halloween Costume Shop
Contact local businesses for donations for our Spring 2019 Plant Sale
Enrolled in the Central Background Registry through Oregon’s Early Learning Division
Proficient in google sheets/excel
We are looking for a great communicator with wonderful organizational skills to add energy to our fundraising team
- Internship will begin this Summer, in June 2018 (specifics can be determined once applicant is selected) and will go through our Silent Auction in November or December 2018 (We are waiting to hear back from our venue to solidify dates)
- We are expecting this work to take up about 10 hours per week, but are flexible with schedule and will discuss once applicant is selected.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using a narrative form to answer the following:
- Why you could excel at this internship?
- What you can offer The Treehouse Nursery and Preschool with your skill set?
- Elaborate on any early childhood passion or experience you have.
- Do you have any characteristics you think other intern applicants may not?