Seed Production Manager
The primary function of the Seed Production Manager is to develop and execute a production strategy for internal and external seed production. This is accomplished by determination of appropriate locations for seed production, establishment of relationships for seed production and the monitoring of production grow-outs to ensure high quality seed products.
Essential Functions are:
Essential Functions are:
- Participate in the design and implementation of Arcadia IP Production Plan.
- Manage Arcadia seed production fields; selecting and contracting seed acres to meet business requirements.
- Identify new production areas and growers to ensure consistent commercial supply.
- Negotiate and coordinate grower contracts.
- Monitor production field operations to ensure grow-outs are technically managed to Arcadia quality, seed integrity standards.
- Manage seed inventory according to Arcadia and/or customer standards.
- Assist in the development and management of seed production budget and forecasts.
- Collect samples of product and coordinate in-process testing as needed.
- Assist Arcadia personnel and contracted growers with planting/harvesting operations as needed.
- Establish seed production safety practices.
tradeshows and conferences as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, plant science, biology or a related agricultural field.
- Five to seven years’ experience in the agricultural industry or related sector.
- Three or more years of experience in a direct seed production management role.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a non-commercial pesticide license.
- Competency with conventional farm equipment operation (tractors, combines, etc.)
- Basic computer skills; working competency with standard office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and multiple projects.
- Proven ability to work effectively with others in the organization.
- Ability to influence overall seed production strategy.
- Ability to work alone and manage time efficiently,
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to details.
- Able to travel up to 60% of time during growing season.
- Ability to work under a wide range of weather conditions, including adverse/inclement weather.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet Arcadia vehicle insurance standards.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic presentation skills.