2018 Summer Internship
We will be hiring full‐time interns to join our small, 21‐person investment team during the summer of 2018. We sit together in an open office where you will work closely with senior investment team members, contribute actively to team deliberations, and gain exposure to leading investment managers from around the world.
What will you do?
As an intern, you will work on dedicated projects and gain meaningful exposure to finance and long‐term investing. You will present in weekly investment team meetings, interact with investment managers, and help monitor existing investments. We will train you in financial modeling and due diligence techniques, teach you the fundamentals of asset allocation, and familiarize you with the process of selecting high-quality investment managers. You will receive training and mentorship from our entire team. Successful interns may be considered for full‐time analyst positions post-graduation.
What Do We Look For?
- Strong critical thinking
- The confidence to ask questions and give opinions based on observations and analysis
- A combination of strong qualitative judgment and quantitative aptitude
- Proven work ethic and consistent attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for investing
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a non-hierarchical, no ego, meritocratic, and collaborative team setting
- We will consider current freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors who plan to complete a co-term from all majors and courses of study
How to Apply
should submit your resume, unofficial transcript, and one-page cover letter
describing your interest in the position via the Handshake website.
Applications are due January 14, 2018. Questions? Email us at AnalystProgram@smc.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.