Located high on the bluffs overlooking Lake Michigan, Lake Forest is one of the eight suburban communities north of Chicago that are collectively referred to as “the North Shore.” Located midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, Lake Forest is near major interstates and is served by two commuter rail lines.
This is an opportunity to work in a full-service community in a collaborative environment:
• public safety departments, such as fire and police, focused on the safety and well-being of the community;
• community development department focusing on planning and building inspections;
• parks and recreation department that services neighborhood parks, a forestry section, a golf course, a nature preserve, a beach/boat launch facility, and a fitness center;
• public works department with engineering, a water plant, streets and sanitation, a recycling/compost center, building maintenance and water and sewer;
• finance department which helps maintain a Aaa bond rating;
• IT division;
• CROYA, our unique youth organization, and Dickinson Hall, our senior citizen organization.