At Cohen & Company, our purpose is to engage, teach, inspire and improve lives through the power of knowledge and trust. We value great people, teamwork, a competitive spirit and courage, and the ability to adapt and remain optimistic.
Named one of America’s Best Tax and Accounting Firms by Forbes and one of the Best of the Best Firms by INSIDE Public Accounting, Cohen & Company offers assurance, tax and advisory services to clients throughout the U.S. and worldwide. The firm serves a broad range of clients, from privately held companies and their owners; to public and private funds, advisers and fund service providers within the investment industry; to Fortune 1000 multinational enterprises. Founded in 1977, Cohen & Company has more than 750 dedicated professionals across the U.S. and 11 offices in Illinois, Ohio, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Through affiliated entities the firm also has an international presence in the Cayman Islands and Ireland. Learn more at cohencpa.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
At Cohen & Company, we celebrate and value each of our unique stories, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas. In support of this foundational principle:
• We actively engage in recruiting efforts to support diversity and inclusion.
• We examine our practices and culture to reduce barriers to inclusion.
• Employees are encouraged to volunteer in the community, and we support and advocate for diversity-related interests in the accounting profession.
• We provide learning and development programs in support of our values.
• We participate in targeted networking with diverse leaders, contacts and associations.
• We create an environment in which individuals of all orientations, backgrounds and cultures can feel safe, accepted and are able to perform at their highest levels.
• Regarding retention, we provide a work environment that remains flexible to accommodate the needs of our employees, such as offering flexible paid time off that can be used for various religious holidays and observances.
• Employees can take in active role in supporting diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the firm by participating in our IDEA Team (Inclusion, Diversity and Equity in Action) and our Women’s Leadership Initiative.
We also believe deeply in mentoring and empowering leaders within our firm and believe that those cultural pillars will continue to be the foundation for a workplace that is truly diverse and responsive to the needs of its employees and the community-at-large. Chief Executive Officer Chris Bellamy has signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge that aims to rally the business community to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Read more about the pledge on CEO Action’s website: https://www.ceoaction.com/pledge/
To learn more about the firm’s commitment to DE&I, visit our website: https://www.cohencpa.com/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion