Cal Poly 2017 Teacher Job Fair
Cal Poly Career Services Events Team
Cal Poly Career Services Events Team
Soukita Thipsouvanh directly at 805-756-6094 or email@example.com or Katie McGuire directly at 805-756-5915 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Fair Details
Chumash Auditorium, Julian A. McPhee University Union-Building 65, 1 Grand Avenue, San Luis Obispo, California 93407, United States
Don't miss your chance to attend the 2017 Teacher Job Fair on April 5, 2017. This is a unique, targeted recruiting event for schools and districts to recruit for future teachers. We hope you'll join us!
Online registration begins: February 9, 2017
Event location: Chumash Auditorium, Julian A. McPhee University Union-Building 65
Registration fees: $75.00 per table
To register for the Career Fair:
- Log in to MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake or register to create an account at the top of the page (please see special instructions for first-time MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake users below.). To be included in our career fair advertising and collateral, we ask that you register by March 15, 2017.
- On the left-side navigation
bar, click on "Fairs." Search for "Cal Poly" on the resulting Career
Fairs page, and click on our career fair to complete registration.
- Once you complete the career fair registration, our office will need to review the details you provided.
- You will receive two emails from Handshake (email@example.com).
- Invoice and instructions to complete payment and post positions, and finalize event registration. Your open position must be approved and posted after you have submitted your event registration.
- Event confirmation after receipt of your payment and further details about the event.
- Please note that your registration is not complete until payment is made and job descriptions are posted and approved.
- You may view your registration at any time and leave comments for us with questions about status.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT REGISTRATION FOR FIRST-TIME HANDSHAKE USERS:
For first-time users, you will need to create your personal account and link to your employer's Handshake page before you can register for the fair. (This is a one-time-only process.)
- Go to http://calpoly.joinhandshake.com
- Click on "Create an Account" above and then "Employer" on the resulting page.
- To create your personal account, enter your information, email and create a password. Handshake will send you a confirmation email to verify your credentials.
- Check your email and click the link to confirm your account.
- Back in Handshake, follow the steps to set up your account, search for your employer and link to that account. (If your organization is not in Handshake, you will create its employer page.)
- Students and alumni will see these pages when searching in the system.
- You can also request access to Cal Poly during the sign-up process, notifying us that you would like to post jobs with us in the future.
- After you link to your employer or create your employer's account, you'll be on the home page of Handshake. On the left-side navigation bar, click on "Fairs." Search for "Cal Poly" on the resulting Career Fairs page, and click on our career fair to complete registration.
3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. check-in, display set-up and appetizers
5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. networking with students
Career Fair registration fee:
- $75.00 per table
- One 48"-60-foot round table with linen
- Registration for three representatives
- Event advertising: The Career Fair will be advertised on campus electronic bulletin boards, in presentations to classes, in Mustang News ads, on distributed posters and flyers, and on the Cal Poly Career Services' website home page*
- Job posting: Opportunities are submitted to Career Services during the registration process and will be advertised on MustangJOBS four weeks before and two weeks after the career fair
- On-campus parking
- Shuttle service
- Extra representatives (limit five per table): $35 each
- Extra table (additional tables are approved based on space availability): $75.00 per table
Cancellation, Refund and Non-Payment Policy
In the event that a company chooses to withdrawal completely from the career fair, the following refund will apply. Once you have been notified that your registration has been approved, our cancellation policy is in effect. Please submit all cancellation requests via email to the Cal Poly Career Services Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation requests received two weeks before the event will received a full refund and subject to a $100.00 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued for any cancellations received less than two weeks before the event.
Employers with outstanding fees will invoiced by Career Services. We will attempt to collect your outstanding balance three times before handing it over to the University Collector for collection. Failure to respond to the final third notice will result in the outstanding balance being sent to a collection agency. Organizations will be held liable for all associated collection agency fees.
Organizations whose account is not paid in full will be required to pay for all past outstanding fees and pre-pay for the current fair they wish to attend. Employers with any outstanding fees will not be permitted to attend the fair until their account is paid in full.
No Show Policy
Organizations that do not check-in by 6:30 p.m. on the day of the event will be considered a “no show." The table may be reassigned and the organization will be billed for the event. We cannot “roll over” the registration to another event or refund the fee
Posting Employment Opportunities on MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake
Employers must be recruiting to fill at least one paid position within your company or organization. Your open position must be approved and posted after you have submitted your event registration. To post your position on behalf of your company, please click here to login to MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake and follow the instructions below. You’ll need to complete five steps in order to post a new job and complete all required fields.
- To post a new position: Please click the blue “+ Post a JOB” button at the top of your Home page in Handshake.
- To re-post a previous position: Please select “Job Templates” on the left-hand navigation bar, select the job you would like to duplicate, and select the “Duplicate Job Template’ button on the upper riht of your page.
- To edit a position: Please select “Job Postings” on
the left-hand navigation bar, select the job you would like to edit, and
select the “Edit Job’ button in the center of your page.
Tips for writing an effective job description
Writing an effective job description is essential to recruiting the right candidate. A job or internship description is a summary of the functions and qualifications needed for a position and should also highlight the reasons a great hire would love the job. Students really want to know what kind of work they will be doing. The basic components are:
- Description: major duties and responsibilities of the position
- Qualifications: knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors required to perform the job
- Application Process
Would you like to interview candidates you meet at the
Career Fair? We offer two options:
Interview Option 1 - Interviews will be held the day after the Career Fair (Career Partners have priority access and early reservation).
The Interview Day on Thursday, April 6, 2017 from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm provides your company with the opportunity to interview students immediately after meeting them at the Career Fair. Each company can request private interview rooms to conduct interviews. Reserve a room through our On-Campus Interview Program to conduct interviews with prospective candidates. Submit your reservation requests through MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake.
- Create your own schedule at the career
- Please use our document (available at the fair) with schedules for 30-minute interview slots to schedule your students.
- After the
fair, you may give your completed interview form(s) to a Career Services staff
member or email interview form(s) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also request interview scheduling forms when
you arrive at the career fair.
- Driving/parking directions to Career Services,
Student Services Building 124, are available on our website here.
- Click on Interview on the left navigation bar
- Click the Request Interview Schedule tab in the upper right corner
- Fill out the basics section of the form
- Click Timeline from the steps at the bottom of the screen
- Select the date you are interested in interviewing on campus, you will then be asked how many rooms you would like to reserve on that day
- Use one or more of the following options to create a timeline of how students can sign up for interview slots.
Room only: In this period of time, you’ll have the room reserved from the school, but you will not be using Handshake to sign students up for specific interview slots.
- Select the time slots you would like to interview students in. These are time slots that are accepted at the university you are interviewing at.
- Once you have selected your interview date, interview timeline and interview slot template you can move to the next step which is Jobs
- Choose the job you would like to attach to this interview schedule
- If you are not ready to post a position you can click Remind me Later, this option will send you an email four days before the Apply Start Date reminding you to post a position and attach it to the schedule
- When you are ready to move on select Review from the bottom tabs
- Review your interview dates and details and go back to any steps you would like to edit
- Your interview schedule will now be sent to us. The interview will be automatically go into a pending status. You will be notified when your schedule has been approved or declined.
Interview Option 2 - Interviews will be held later in Spring Quarter
Reserve interview space through our on campus interview program. Reservations for fall and winter recruiting fill quickly. Please plan to hold interviews on campus soon after a career fair and be sure to review the recruiting calendar to plan when you will set-up your interview schedule. Our recruiting calendar may be found on our website here. For more information, please contact Employer Relations and Recruiting Coordinator: Melinda McCann at email@example.com or 805-756-2107.
You can find more information regarding this event here: Additional Details